Saturday, May 06, 2006

Eternity


This is a small family cemetery around Hamden. It sits on the right side of Route 28 if you are heading into Delhi. There are probably no more than 20 headstones in the whole place and it's kind of hard to access from the road (parking anyway).

I liked it because for some reason I've always been facinated with cemeteries -- especially older ones. I don't know if it's the headstone or just because of the eternal feel of the place. It also creates somewhat cool photos. I'm going to eventually get into shooting a couple more of the other cemeteries in the area because there's some interesting monuments and headstones. I know one of the people with the cemetery association around here and she's offered to show me how to photo the monuments.

I don't have the techs because I'm on my laptop. But I used my 18-55 lens and I think I shot at iso200.

2 Comments:

At Sat May 06, 12:36:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a special way to shoot cemetary monuments?

 
At Sun May 07, 02:22:00 AM EDT, Blogger P.J. said...

Yeah, apparently it's pretty in-depth and you can use mirrors and things like that. I'm quite interested, in all honesty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home