Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Paint job needed

When I was out and about last week, I ran across this bus turn sign. It's at the top of Franklin Mountain on Route 28 -- just outside of Oneonta. Anyway, it sits in a spot where it's somewhat covered by trees and nature probably has -- obviously -- taken its toll on the sign.

I liked the photo because I thought it showed this area quite well. Rural, not so worried about cosmetic items etc. However, the sign still does it's job. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to replace this eventually as the letters are starting to come off and leave as well. It has a rustic and interesting look. The look of the sign is also pretty cool, just older looking.

I might have to turn this shot into a black and white photo though. I have a feeling it might really have a good impact if it's in black and white. I just wonder if the lack of the color the sign has from wear would come across if it was black and white.

Technical info: Shot at 200iso, f5.6, 1/250 second. Lens used was my 18-55 mm.

(Click on photo for bigger version!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home