Monday, May 01, 2006

Sumo reaction


We went to the OH-Fest in Oneonta on Saturday after softball practice. Well, four from the team anyway. Two of them -- Brendan and Matt -- opted to spar off in the sumo outfits and go at it with a match.

I have no clue who won. If anyone actually did.

However, snapping photos of both of them before, during and after the match, I got the this one (top). The main reason I like it is because it somewhat shows emotion -- even though it was a joking match and for fun. It's the type of look, I think anyway, some photographers hope to get after a team or someone loses in a championship.

Now, in all honesty, neither of them were upset or mad. In fact, there was a lot of laughing. But, for this one second, the look on Matt's face was priceless in that he looked like he just lost the Sumo World Championship to a snake! In all honesty, if I had to guess, I would think the look came from having to wear that suit and hat!

I also figured I should put an "action" shot from this "match." I've added that below this write up. Both photos were taken with my 18-55 mm lens. I didn't have much time to change any settings because the match didn't last long. At least the people in charge didn't let them go long. The top photo was at 1/640, f5.6. The bottom was 1/640, f7.1.

(As always, click on a photo to see a larger version!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home