Sunday, April 30, 2006

Hang on!

This was at the OH-Fest in downtown Oneonta. The mechanical bull seemed to be a popular attraction among the college kids at the place as the line was long.

The guy operating the bull basically could buck you whenever he wanted. After letting this girl hang around for a while, he sent her flying, too. What I like about this photo is the action and reaction. For one, she's being sent off the bull. The reaction isn't what I would expect (laughing, smiling), but there almost seems to be a realization of what is going to happen, so it's almost funny.

What I really like here is the girl's hair and how it seems to be frozen into place.

I used a 18-55 lens with this shot. But being that I'm still trying to figure out settings, I was on the TV setting. Some of the shots I took Saturday were too bright or dark. This one I thought came out pretty well. This was shot at 1/500th of a second at f6.3.

(click the photo to see a larger version)

1 Comments:

At Tue May 02, 05:05:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home