Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dinner time


I figured I would lead off this blog with what I plan on doing with it. This is going to be a photo blog and it will basically mirror a blog I host on my personal website. However, considering you have to be a member at that website to read people's blogs, I thought I would venture out here to have one as well.

Anyway, I've recently gotten back into photography. With that, I purchased a new digital SLR camera and am becoming a bit of a nut with it. Therefore, I feel I won't have any problems filling this blog on a daily basis, for the most part. I just plan on posting a photo as well as an explanation. Comments are welcome.

Also, from publishing this quickly, I noticed the photo is a little smaller. If you click on the photo, you'll get a bigger photo to view.

Now for the photo I have posted today.

I was in Neahwa Park in Oneonta (N.Y.) dropping off a preliminary softball roster for our summer league. I opted to swing around and take photos of the fountain in the middle of the pond. Anyway, I heard some high-school aged girls blabbering about two geese as they walked to practice. I noticed the group got actually quite close to the animals before they scattered into the pond. So I watched for a while and this one and a friend swam close to the shore to grab some food.

I used my 75-300 zoom, but closely walked toward them. I was within 10-15 feet and opted to stop, being I had the zoom. This is one of the shots I got from it. I thought it captured some action well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home