Thursday, May 04, 2006

Old time truckin'


Interesting photo, this one. It's outside of Hamden, right near the DeLancey turn. I zoomed by it the other day when I was taking photos, saw it, and thought it would make for an interesting photo. However, on my way back through, I forgot about it. I got a mile or so down the road and decided I couldn't pass it up, so back I went.

I like it because it feels like a turn back in time. Like an old gas station/shop with someone waiting to get filled up. The white/green combo is kind of cool. However, to give it an old-time feel, I thought black and white might look cooler. I did that in photoshop and that photo is below this write up. Everyone else can be the judge of that.

Shot at iso 200, 1/500th second, f5.6. I used my 18-55, although I wish I had either got closer, or used my bigger lens.

(Click on photos for bigger versions)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home