Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A day for paddling


First, I must say I wish I was in a better area to take these photos. My 75-300mm lens wasn't the best for getting in on these paddlers. Or any of the others I have pictured, unfortunately. But, I was covering the event and my shop had a photag there, so I was just cracking off a couple shots in case I got lucky. I did get some solid headshots later on though!

Anyway, these are photos from the General Clinton Canoe Regatta. It's billed as the longest flatwater race in the world (one day). It covers 70 miles down the Susquehanna River and the two-man pro class usually ends in around 7 hours, 30 minutes. The record is like 6:30, but that's extremly rare.

The top photo is a group of canoes in different classes. The middle shot is of the winners of the C-2 Pro Class. The bottom is of two canoes in another class. I kept the bottom two a little wide from top to bottom because I liked the reflections of the paddlers in the water.

Tech specs (all with 75-300mm lens): All at iso 200, 1/1,600th, f5.6.

Click to enlarge photos!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home