Monday, May 29, 2006

The sprint


Normally, I'm not a fan of sprint photos or straight running photos. There never seems to be enough action to hold the eye of a reader if it's in a newspaper. I'm also not convinced that this one would have been a good choice to put in the newspaper. The runners are too spaced out and it might not be the "money" action shot. Although I think it could be used in the paper if needed, I just wouldn't think it would be a first or second choice.

But, I'm a big fan of the photo itself.

The reason I like it isn't so much the action (although if you look at the bodies, you can see the physical force they are using for this race, which was the 100-meter dash), but rather the facial expressions of each runner. The one in the middle ended up winning the race, but the looks on each runner is awesome, I think anyway.

Tech specs (75-300mm lens, fully extended): iso 800, 1/1000th second, f5.6.

(As always, click photos to see a larger version!)

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 10, 09:51:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Roulette Rules said...

YES, it is exact

 

Post a Comment

<< Home