Sunday, May 28, 2006

Hurdling


This was taken in mid-May at one of the local league track championships. The girl in the lead is an all-world runner in several events and is going to JMU next year on a scholarship. She's amazing to watch.

I liked how this photo came out because it was in a pouring rain (and I was trying to balance my camera on a monopod and an umbrella as well) and you can see the rain. You can also see how it seems so effortless for her to run away from the pack. The two nearest to her (the one from Delhi and the other Sidney runner) are both underclassmen and are excellent runners as well. They should be the two to beat once the lead runner here graduates.

This photo probably would have had a shot getting in the paper, however I took a couple others of high jumping that were better. I'll put those up here eventually, too.

Tech specs (75-300mm lens): iso 800 (I'm shocked this came out well as I haven't had luck shooting 800 with this camera), lens extended to 300mm, 1/400th second, f5.6.

1 Comments:

At Sun May 22, 09:31:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Blackjack For Fun said...

Very amusing question

 

Post a Comment

<< Home